You have just purchased the finest Hardtop available on the market today. Skilled craftsmen using highest quality materials and modern technology have manufactured this product. By following these simple instructions you will have many years of enjoyment and the top will last as long as your car.
The following tips will be helpful if you are qualified to do it yourself. If not, we recommend that your Hardtop be installed and finished by a professional body shop.
A point to remember, automobiles are mass-produced and built with certain tolerance. Sometimes these tolerances are quite large. No two are alike. A body man is a skilled tradesman; a skill that is not learned overnight. A “well fitting” automobile is a series of adjustments and compromises.
A: Prior to placing the top on the car
1. Fold the convertible top into the normal down position. Make sure that the folds are tucked in so they will not chafe on the Hardtop.
2. Clean top of windshield frame and rear deck area
3. Lubricate the bottom of the deck rubber of the hardtop with silicone lubricant or other suitable lubricant
B Place hardtop on car:
1. Attach the front “J” hooks to the windshield frame.
2. Hook the rear turnbuckles under the plate located on the car rear deck trim molding (located just below the rear turnbuckle assembly when the top is in place).
3. Place the rear fastener studs on the hardtop into the receptors in the rear deck panel. Rotate one quarter turn to engage and tighten nut.
4. Tighten all fasteners by hand. Shift Hardtop where necessary to ensure a proper fit.
5. Trim rubber window seal with heavy scissors
Get pdf 1955-57 Ford T-Bird Hardtop Installation Instructions