What is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Chevrolet Impala? If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change? How to reset change engine oil life message on a Chevrolet Impala?
- Probably the same as the avalanche. Turn ignition on. Do not start the car. Then press the accelerator to the floor and fully release it three times. If I remember correctly that will do it.
- The following is from page 6-18 of my owner’s manual.
1. Display the OIL LIFE REMAINING on the DIC.
2. Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the DIC for more than five seconds. The oil life will change to 100%.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes
back on when the vehicle is started, the Engine Oil Life
System has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
- And the model year is? On some you push the reset button. On others you fully depress the gas pedal three times in 5 seconds after turning the ignition lock to on without starting the car.